Applications for 2023 spring/summer staff positions are open!
Application deadline: Apply ASAP.
Main Staff Positions Overview
Click on any job title to see the related job description.
Counsellors (Day & Overnight)
Full-time 9 weeks (or negotiated weeks): July 1 to September 1, 2023. Camp sessions: $580 per week. Staff training week: $80/day.
We are looking for Day Camp and Overnight Counsellors. Counsellors are responsible for the care and supervision of camper groups throughout the day. As such, they will accompany their groups to all activities and will also have numerous opportunities to plan and facilitate fun and engaging programming for their campers. They are role models, mentors, listeners, adventure guides, problem solvers, and encouragers who are the frontline faces, hands, eyes and ears of the Cave Springs camp experience.
More Staff Information
Why Working At Camp Is The Best Job Ever
- Spend your summer outdoors and being active
- Make a meaningful difference in the lives of many children
- Build leadership skills and gain confidence
- Experience working in a community-focused and team-oriented environment
- Try new things
- Camp friends are the best friends
- Learn valuable life lessons
- Explore and grow in faith and spirituality in an open-minded, welcoming environment
- Get to know yourself!
Counsellor Responsibilities (Day and Overnight)
- Provide a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for all campers and staff.
- Act as a positive role-model for campers, staff, volunteers, and others associated with the camping program.
- Act as a servant leader who is present and attentive to the needs of campers and staff.
- Facilitate the planning of the daily schedule for assigned group.
- Lead activities for assigned group.
- Provide leadership, support and supervision at camp-wide events.
- Bring enthusiasm, creativity and excellence to camp leadership and programming.
- Contribute to the development of faith formation and a supportive Christian community environment
- Instruct campers in emergency procedures.
- Complete all required documentation in an accurate and timely nature.
- Maintain good public relations with campers’ parents/guardians.
- Provide effective communication of information with staff members.
- Supervise campers in overnight program, as assigned.
- Share the workload and responsibilities with fellow staff members.
- Facilitate the learning and growth of other staff members.
- Effectively communicate the needs and concerns of campers and staff to co-leaders.
- Utilize the resources of other members of the staff team and campers.
- Act as a role-model for personal self-care including health and well-being.
- Engages in ongoing skill development.
- Contribute to the planning, facilitating, and providing resources for campers and other staff.
- Take care of equipment and the facility.
- Work effectively with year-round and seasonal staff of Cave Springs Camp.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality when necessary.
- Take responsibility for upholding community norms.
- Follow the policies, procedures, and practices of Cave Springs Camp.
- Other job related duties as assigned.