Applications for 2020 are closed. Check back next year!
The Directing Team is tasked with a responsibility and expectation for care, leadership, safety and supervision of all campers and staff. The Directing Team is made up of four (4) people, led by the Camp Director, who together share the responsibility of managing daily operations of camp. The job is split into two main seasons.
May and June: focus on training and developing team repertoire, preparing for the arrival of staff and campers, and facilitating programming for onsite rental and school groups.
July and August: focus on managing staff, overseeing programming, and completing administrative duties for daily operations.
Specific duties for the overseeing of the Day Camp, Overnight Camp, and Specialty Programming departments will be assigned by the Camp Director to Directing Team members based on individual experience, passion, and vision.
All Members of the Directing Team will:
- Have strong leadership, initiative, organizational, and administrative skills and ability to work in a team leadership environment.
- Be able to initiate, support and encourage spiritual growth of campers and staff.
- Be able to relate well to a variety of ages and demonstrate an ability to mediate, facilitate and build unity among staff.
- Enjoy working with children and possess relevant soft skills in youth interaction.
- Exhibit a practicing Christian commitment serving campers and other staff as per camp purpose and philosophy.
- Be open and inviting to all that are at Cave Springs Camp regardless of race, gender, age and background.
- Have previous experience working in summer camping (preferred), or equivalent experience. Previous experience in a supervisory role considered an asset